|In the studio with my newest muse Isabel and a painting I'm "resolving" to finish this year!|
I've been obsessed lately with Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman. I feel like I'm working my way through her recipes like others work their way through Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking"! (HUGE shout out for her Pot Roast recipe~ it ROCKS!) She's very inspiring and talented in many ways other than cooking and she has a "realness" that's very refreshing. ANYWAY, the reason I mention her (other than my obsession-ha!), is she posted about resolutions in early January. It was basically making your resolutions based on the letters of RESOLUTION. I tried to do this too, but couldn't make my resolutions "fit". Here are some of the things I'd like to do, or at least be better at:
- stay in touch with friends better
- try some new painting techniques/workshops/classes
- focus on my painting and not get distracted by too many other "projects"!
- be present
- read more- stay focused long enough to read more...
- be active- I've become very sedentary!
- listen for God's voice- I tend to spend most of my time talking to Him and not enough time "being still"
- eat healthier
- finish unfinished paintings!
- plan and follow through! the planning part is easy, the follow through is NOT my forte'...
- write more about my artwork- at least try to be interesting~
- paint kitchen cabinets (yep, you read correctly!)
That's it for now~ it'll be great if I can remember half of those! Good luck with your resolutions this year and just remember that it's OK if they don't work out; it's just good to have goals!
PS- as a side note, I started writing this post about 3 weeks ago and just couldn't finish it until today, the 31st...ha! I haven't even posted a few new paintings yet because I was determined to get this done in January!!! And look, I made it! There is hope for me yet~ :o)
I have just discovered your lovely blog. You have a great style and really capture light and colour so beautifully! I particularly love your beach scenes.
Good luck with your New Year's Resolutions!
Thanks for the compliments and for checking out my work!!! I tend to post more frequently on Facebook if you're interested in following me~ my page is: www.facebook.com/frontporchstudio